Friday, July 13, 2012

A sticky visitor

Early one morning I was putting a tarp away on our deck, when I was greeted by a little friend.....

This is a Grey Tree Frog, which are very common here in Michigan.  Even though my kids were still in their PJ's I quickly called them out on the deck.  Sadly I didn't get pictures of Esther.

A few tips about frogs in general:
1. Make sure your hands are wet when handling them, their skin is very thin and can rip easily.
2. They do not "pee" on you.  This is a defense mechanism and it is just water stored in their body.  Its their way of saying "hey, let me go!"
3.  You cannot get warts from frogs!

After visiting for a bit, we put him in a pot on the deck and I was able to get this cool shot of him.




One other fun fact....grey tree frogs can change the color of their skin to camouflage with their surroundings.  So cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment