I have been striving to find more joy, happiness and overall bliss in my and my families lives. I realized not that long ago, that me and the kids weren't doing many fun things any more. I did take them to the park every so often and we do go to events in town. But the extras like painting for the fun of it or getting every art supply out at one time and creating whatever we wanted, well, its been a while. We weren't even going on many explorations into nature, which if you know me well, you would know that this is quite a shock! Every day practically became the same thing over and over, and not very much outlet for creativity, which I am realizing we need. Plus, I really enjoyed doing those things. Its the reason I am home with the kids and one of the reasons we homeschool.
So what's different this time.
1. Opposite to what you may think after reading the above, I am not planning activities simply so I can blog about them. I am planning activities so that my children can have a creative outlet, so I can make memories, so their worlds can be expanded. The Blog will just keep me accountable to this. Hopefully I can keep it this way and not be come a slave to it.
2. I want to use this space to reflect on my days. Try to find the things to be thankful for. Grateful for. And find the things I want to change to make me and my home into what I want it to be.
3. Due to a shift in our families eating routine, you will see more recipes and more about gardening/preserving.
What will be the same
1. I will still share our homeschool doings.
2. I plan on reinstating Young Explorers. I am not ready to formally reinstate it, but I will be sharing our outdoor adventures until I am ready.
3. I will keep it as real as I can. I want to share the real me, my real kids and our real life, no matter how messy or silly it may be :)