Tuesday, February 3, 2009

New Things

This week has already been a flurry of new things in this house. By far, the most exciting new thing is our new bed. For the past five years my husband and I have used a full sized bed. It was given to us for free, so we can't complain, but trying to fit two adults plus the random toddler, it gets kind of cramped. Well this weekend we were abundantly blessed with a king size bed. That's right, KING size. We love it. Thanks to my hubbies Grandma for giving it to us.

A few other new things this week are that I made some new learning tools for Star. She's really going to like them. Also I've decided that this week during our Tot School time I'm going to try to focus some more on creative and imaginative play. It's easy for me to focus on the ABC's and 123's, but its also important to help build a child's imagination. Some ideas I have include paper dolls, dress up, pretend grocery shopping in the kitchen and building a fort. I hope to have sme pictures to post. We accidentally left our camera at a super bowl party. Hopefully I can get it back soon and take some pictures of our week. Here is one picture my father took yesterday.


I found this great project here. It's basically a paper doll set with a pair of cats. She loved it.

1 comment: