Friday, February 6, 2009

Blissful Moment

Oh how children can make you smile. Recently my daughter has started to notice money and I've been teaching her the differences between pennies, dimes, etc. So I decided that we would have a little mother/daughter bonding time and go shopping together. I put two dollars in her purse and off we went to walmart. We went to the section where the dollar toys are and I told her she can have anything she wanted. What did she choose....
Worms!! That's right colorful, squishy worms (actually they're caterpillars, but whats a Mom to do). She loves these things. I really didn't mind since she seems to love sorting and counting them. Two blue worms...One purple worm, etc. But the really funny part is what happened two days later. Again we are in a store and again I let her pick something out for herself. (She was feeling sick and was being a good sport letting mommy drag her all over the place) And again she surprises me and picks out...

A big squishy green snake, which she now sleeps with and is best friends with her lizard she got a few months ago. The best part was when we were walking through the store everyone we passed stopped and stared because there was this cute red haired girl walking with a long snake dangling in her hands. We got quite a few comments. Ahhh, the joys of toddlerhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment